Jan 29, 2010

Jan. 29, 2010

The fishing this week was not as productive as I thought it should have been. The Redfish have really thinned out. After discussions with friends and other guides it appears the report is the same everywhere. Even up in Homosassa the Redfish this week were scarce. Capt.Paul Hawkins did have a good day on Redfish in upper Tampa Bay earlier in the week. That was the best report I had heard. It seems like about once a month, for a few days, the Redfish move and become harder to find. You would think that the tide or weather conditions have something to do with it, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
The Trout fishing still is going strong. We caught several fish over 22" this week. The surprise of the week was a school of large Black Drum. We caught two on the way to a another Redfish spot. Both fish were in the 60 lbs range.
As I'm writing this report I got a call about a fresh school of Redfish that have shown up.
Today the wind is blowing south with an approaching cold front. Behind the front we should have clean blue skies and light winds. Look forward to next week. I threw up a new gallery of trout pictures. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment