Jan 22, 2010

Jan 21 2010

It looks like the effects of the cold water are behind us. Everything has returned to normal. The mullet have returned to the flats. Lots of Redfish and big Trout.
The Redfish were a little tough to find this week. As the cold front approached, the fish schooled up and it took some time to find them. The trout fishing has greatly improved. We found a school of big trout up on the sand and were able to sight fish them.
I did get the opportunity to go fun fishing with my friend Capt. Paul Hawkins. We went up to upper Tampa Bay and sight fished Redfish over the sand. It was a beautiful day and I got to stand on the pointy end of the boat. It was a lot of fun. Paul is a great fisherman. He is one of the few guides I will refer trips to. I threw some pictures up of a Redfish we caught sight fishing and one of the big trout

No comments:

Post a Comment