Dec 16, 2010

Dec 16th, 2010

Well, it has been a while since my last report. I have been fishing 2-4 times a week. We had very good fall laid up Tarpon fishing. That is all over now and we have been sight fishing Red fish for the last 6 weeks. The Red fishing continues to be very good. Greg Petersen and I won the Redfly#4 tournament. ( this is an all fly Red fish tournament in Tampa Bay) Greg was on the front of the boat while I handled the poling. The weather was cold and blowing 20-25, but Greg managed to make some really good casts and our plan came together. We are continuing to get lots of shots at Red fish. The water is clean and the sky has been good. Trout fishing in the lower bay is going strong and I expect the larger trout to move up in to really skinny water which allows us to sight fish them. I think this is going to be a banner year for Red fish. The average size of the fish seems to be a couple inches longer and they have been aggressive. Greg and I are going to fish the salty fly tournament in Feb so wish us luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment