Apr 16, 2010

4-16-10

We are having a great early season Tarpon year. I have looked for laid up fish 7 times over the past two weeks. We have released 3 Tarpon (all over 110lbs) and have jumped two more. Two of the days I went looking the wind was blowing so hard I shouldn't have gone and I knew I wasn't going to see any but I went anyway. So that's really 5 trips and 5 fish hooked. Not bad for before the migration has started.

Mackerel are throughout the lower bay. Blue fish and lady fish are as well. The trout fishing is very consistent with fish up to about 22 inches. I haven't been Redfish fishing in the last two weeks. Several boats are using live chum and catching a few fish. The sight fish fishing for Redfish should be very good now if you can stay away from the boats buzzing the flats. As a side note, if you're fishing with someone who is running all over the flats looking for fish, this means they do not know where the fish are and you should fish with some one else who does.
Buzzing the flats really hurts everyone.
I promised you some good Tarpon pictures and video. It is coming. I've been fishing a lot and haven't found the time to get them posted. Soon, I promise

No comments:

Post a Comment